Recently, many physiotherapy companies have started offering virtual therapy for their clients. This is a great option for seniors to exercise because many are unable to leave their homes or cannot have visitors. Virtual therapy is a safe alternative to in person treatment for seniors and will help them stay active and healthy.
But are all virtual therapy services the same? How can you choose the best virtual therapy program for you or a loved one?
In choosing a virtual therapy service, you must first understand how the service is going to be provided. Ask the following questions:
- What equipment will be needed?
- What online platform will be used? Will it be safe and secure?
- What is the therapist's experience with seniors?
- How are exercises determined?
- Is the virtual therapy service covered by insurance?
- What protocol is followed to ensure that the participant is not hurt?
To be able to get the most out of a virtual therapy, you have to feel a reasonable degree of safety and confidence in the whole process. The last thing you want is for you to be more stressed than when you first started.
So, ask yourself:
- Am I confident with the whole process?
- Do I feel safe in participating in the virtual therapy?
- How comfortable am I with the therapist?
- Am I willing to learn how to operate the needed equipment?
If your answer to these questions is positive, virtual therapy is right for you. It is also best to participate in a virtual therapy program offered by therapists who have extensive knowledge and experience with the senior population. You can be confident that they really know what activities you can safely engage in.
For more information on virtual therapy, you can contact one of our therapists at 604-916-4704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.